Sunday, June 4, 2017

DNOW: Discipleship Lesson 3b


Today was another great class filled with discussion about the false gospels present today. The title of this section of our study on discipleship is, "The Gospel We Believe Determines the Disciples We Make". So far, we have looked at 4 of the 5 false gospels. The false gospels are basically "non-discipleship" gospels, or "self-centered" gospels. After we look at the 5th false gospel, I'll wrap up this section with a look at the--one and only--True (Kingdom) Gospel. The one Jesus taught.
"I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..." (Romans 1:16)
I know we have been taking our time working through this study on discipleship, but I think it is important. Looking at these five false gospels helps us to understand the threats to the true and only gospel. The gospel is the church's most precious gift to cherish, protect, and pass on. Discipleship is how we pass it on. We need to continue to reexamine the gospel we believe so we don't end up adding to, subtracting from, or substituting anything for the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
"Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you." (2 Corinthians 13:5)
Next week we will look at the 5th false gospel "The (Religious) Right Gospel". Then we will unpack "The True (Kingdom) Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment