Today I concluded the lesson "FUZZY MATH - 1+1=1". After reviewing the five men we discussed last week who walked with God (Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Peter), I introduced one last man of faith: Habakkuk.
This short, three-chapter book shows Habakkuk's journey from faith to faithfulness. We learned that men of faith who trust God can and do question God.
Habakkuk was a man who "wrestled" with God by expressing his outrage at the violence and injustice that had overcome Judah. "How long, O Lord, will I call for help and Thou wilt not hear?" Habakkuk 1:2.
After enjoying 31 years of significant spiritual reformation in Judah under the leadership of King Josiah, Habakkuk watched as God allowed the Babylonians (Chaldeans) to rise to power. "Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwelling places that are not theirs." (Habakkuk 1:6)
The book of Habakkuk is a steady progression upwards (spiritually) towards God from worry to worship and from fear to faith. In this lesson, we looked at the six practical steps that Habakkuk took to get "tight" with God: 1) Desire 2) Withdraw 3) Wait 4) Watch 5) Write it Down 6) Worship
In the end, Habakkuk said, "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the
olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in
the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I
will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the
heights.” Habakkuk 3:17-19
In these two lessons titled FUZZY MATH, we learned that God is working in us to teach His highest goals until His purpose and our purpose become ONE... 1+1=1.

No comments:
Post a Comment