There are many themes revealed in the Bible. The secret of good Bible study is learning to ask the right questions. In doing a thematic study, you decide on a set of questions to ask about the chosen theme before you look in the Bible. Your questions should be based around what Rudyard Kipling called his "honest serving men" in his short story "The Elephant's Child."
I keep six honest serving men:
(They taught me all I knew)
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
Use Kipling's serving men as you prepare the vital observation questions you want to ask in your thematic study: What? Why? When? How? Where? Who?
As an example today we used the theme: Jesus' Definition Of A Disciple
I have listed several suggestions in the slides that you can use for a thematic Bible study. Next week we will look at the Biographical Method of Bible study.
No comments:
Post a Comment