Sunday, October 26, 2014

SOLVING THE MONEY PUZZLE - Chapter 5 (Part I)

Today we looked at DEBT (Chapter 5: Living Without Debt). Two key Biblical principles associated with DEBT are "slavery" and "surety".
"Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant (slave) to the lender." Proverbs 22:7
 "Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts." Proverbs 22:26
When you borrow money you voluntarily surrender your freedom; you become a slave to the lender. If you borrow money that requires someone else to act as "assurance" against loss, the principle of surety is violated.

When I asked the question, "Why do we borrow money?"
The class answered, "To buy something you don't have the money to buy."

There is a saying: We borrow money we don't have, to buy things we don't need, to impress people we don't know.

When we choose not to live in accordance with God's principles, we subject ourselves to a life absent of God's peace and purpose. It is a matter of your will over His will. Remember the acronym, W - C - W: Want Christ Will.
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
The pattern of the world says, W - C - W: I Want. I Can. I will.

The slides from today's lesson are posted below. We did not have time to fully cover SAVINGS and my Five-Step Plan for using your savings. I have posted the slides for the Five-Step Plan below in the second set of slides. I will cover them in more detail next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment