Today we "Unwrapped The Gifts." The instant a person crosses the line and becomes a believer in Christ, God gives that person 4 gifts: forgiveness, eternal life, the Holy Spirit, and Spiritual Gift(s).
We learned last week that STRENGTHS = Talents + Knowledge + Skills. Discovering what your "top 5" talents are is the first step in the journey to developing your Strengths. Once we know our Spiritual Gifts, we can begin serving the Body of Christ with the unique talents God has given each of us. The end goal is to find the place in the Body of Christ that you have been designed to serve.
"Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant." 1 Corinthians 12:1-3
How do I discover my SGs?
1. Take a Spiritual Gifts survey.
There are many SG surveys available. Here is a short one (35 questions) that will test for the 7 gifts in Romans 12:6-8. Click here: Short Spiritual Gifts Survey
I personally like the one by LifeWay Christian Resources (80 questions). Click here: Spiritual Gifts Assessment Tools
NOTE: I have put the LifeWay Spiritual Gifts Survey into a spreadsheet that will calculate all the Gifts and save you some time. Email me and I will send you the Excel spreadsheet. With the spreadsheet, all you have to do is answer the 80 questions and your Spiritual Gifts will be ranked on a nice chart for you to see.
2. LOOK FOR those ministries in which you feel the most fulfilled.
3. LOOK FOR those ministries in which you seem to be the most effective.
4. LOOK FOR those ministries in which others affirm your abilities.
Knowing your talents and Spiritual Gifts is a great start, but to be everything God has designed you to be, you must use them as He intended. The Body of Christ suffers when you do not use the Gifts and talents God has given you.
No comments:
Post a Comment