Sunday, December 29, 2013

SIN - Introduction

Jamie, Georgia Lynn, Gabe Crook
Congratulations to Jamie and Gabe Crook on the birth of their precious baby girl, Georgia Lynn. When Sue Marie and I visited the Crooks on Saturday, little Georgia had not yet spent a full day in this world. As I snapped a few pictures, I realized that I was one of the first people to get a glimpse at one of God's miracles. There is nothing more innocent and fresh than a newborn baby. And just think, God shaped her special and has a great purpose planned for her life.

Today, I introduced the series on SIN. Over the next few weeks we will DEFINE IT, DISSECT IT, and learn how to DEFEAT IT.

As we began our series on SIN, I emphasized how God's plan is often spoiled, delayed, or, sometimes, never even realized because of sin. I used three generations of my family (Coe's) to point out this sad truth. Many generations have been sidetracked from God's will because of sin. Nations have experienced wars and economic panics because of sin. Where would we all be today if everyone in our past had dealt with sin quickly?

After focusing on how sin has changed the course of history and our family trees in years gone by, I encouraged each of us to think about the question: "How will your family tree be altered by sin?" If we want to stop generational sin in our family tree, we MUST deal with sin in our personal lives quickly. A young mother teaches her child to sin when she gets angry or is frustrated. Young children learn to sin as they watch their parents argue over selfish, pity, issues.

During the next few weeks, we will dive into this extremely important topic and hopefully gain a strong respect for sin, and gain the urgency to deal with it quickly. I believe this will be our most practical and valuable lesson yet. Don't miss it!

SIN - Introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment